What To Expect
This gastronomic tour in Como will allow you to explore and immerse yourself in the culture of this idyllic area in a fun and different way. Accompanied by a local expert, you will taste typical dishes and discover the true essence of Lake Como. Listen to anecdotes and curiosities about the rich gastronomic tradition of the lake and visit places only frequented by local people. Here's a list of possible tastings:
- Chopboard of cured meats and a glass of local wine: cured meats of very high quality accompanied by a lovely glass of wine served in a historical wine shop is the best way to start a traditional lunch
- Pizza gourmet: you couldn't miss a pillar of Italian street food, which is really appreciated here in Como. In a delicious and historical bakery, you will taste a slice of pizza like real people from here do, walking!
- Polenta uncia/polenta with braised meat: the queen of the table in the Como area as well as in the whole Alpine area. Polenta here is obtained by mixing and cooking corn and buckwheat flour and then served with braised meat or with cheeses and melted butter
- Sciatt: in Valtellina dialect “sciat” means toad, but they are actually delicious and crunchy pancakes with a stringy cheese heart
- Nuvola cake: literally "cloud". The shape resembles that of a large plumcake, while the texture is something halfway between panettone and pandoro, but much softer. Inside it, a filling of apricot jam!
- Ice cream: Alternatively, you can enjoy a delicious ice cream while walking along the romantic lakeside promenade
- Coffee: a respectable Italian lunch can only end with a good espresso coffee