You’re in the big city and you want to know what to do! There are so many options, so many places to visit, so many experiences to have but you are not sure where to do sightseeing. Don’t worry! We’ve compiled 5 places you must visit while in New York, New York (yes, we’re singing that last bit). Here’s our list of 5 things to do in NYC:
1. Statue of Liberty – This is New York’s most renowned monument. Beautifully designed by the French sculptor Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi and given to the USA as a present from France, this is one of the places to visit in New York. It is found on the Liberty Island in New York and has been there since the late 1880s. The statue itself is actually a robed Roman liberty goddess who uses her right hand to hold a torch above her head. As the name indicates, this statue is a representation of freedom. You can visit the Statue of Liberty via NYC sightseeing tours or cruise. This is the time to ensure you do have your phone or camera on you! The photos you’ll take here will be very visually and Instagram appealing.
2. The Empire State Building – Now this is a beauty for your eyes to behold! If the pictures
of this building are so gorgeous then just imagine seeing it in real life. Owning its own zip code due to the number of offices it holds, the Empire State Building is America’s national treasure. It is actually the first building to have over 100 offices and thousands of people go through here each day. You probably noticed it in numerous classical movies. One that instantly comes to mind is King Kong. The building stands at 1250 feet - 1454 feet (the latter speaks to top of the antennae located at the top of the building). Cool fact: It was once known as the tallest building in the world!
3. Central Park – Ahhh Central Park! It is not just any park; it is the soul of New York. This
stunning urban park is located in Manhattan and it is said to be the most frequented park in New York, having about 38 million people each year! See why this is a New York city tour to do? Who knows you might just end up in being in a film while casually strolling through the park
4. American Museum of Natural History – The American Museum of Natural History
(AMNH) is known as the largest natural history museum in the world which contains millions of plants, fossils, human remains, rocks and more! This is the place to discover different cultures, natural worlds, multiple time periods and really the universe!
5. Broadway and the Theater District – You can’t come to New York without visiting its
vivacious theater district. New York’s Broadway is an experience for a lifetime so ensure that you don’t miss it. Broadway actually started in New Year in 1750. Broadway shows are mainly musicals that are very magical. This will be the perfect conclusion to your trip.
So, there you have it – 5 things to do in NYC! You’re welcome Do share the knowledge with your family and friends. Where else would you like to visit? Let us know in the comments and we’ll put a list together just for you! gbsx