If you’ve not yet got your ticket to the freshest fiesta on the Hudson River … where, exactly, have you been? Re-opened in May 2022, NYC’s only floating Mexican restaurant is just Juan of dos things you’ve got to try!
Onboard a luxury yacht with an enormous outdoor deck, three bars, two indoor, temperature-controlled decks, a killer sound system delivering the best of Latin pop, salsa and dance (and a partridge in a pear tree), La Barca Grill Cantina is nachos your typical Mexican restaurant!
So, what do you need to know before making a booking?
- The boat leaves from Pier 81 on the Hudson River, next to its sister restaurant, North River Lobster Company
- You’ll enjoy the most incredible views of the New York skyline
- The 6.00pm cruise is one hour long and the 8.00pm cruise is two hours long
- It offers an exciting grill menu filled with Mexican-inspired street food, signature cocktails and a whole lot of tequila! Some bestsellers include ‘The Drunken Rabbit’ (Oaxacan rum with passion fruit), a ‘Tequila Bandera’ (made of three separate shot glasses filled with tequila, lime juice and sangrita), Tony’s Campechano (beef, pork and roasted scallions that pays tribute to a popular taco joint in Mexico City), the Tower of Tacos Fiesta and the Fiesta Platter (a giant boat filled with Mexican fried chicken, onion rings, jalapeño poppers, corn chips and salsas!). There’s even something for vegetarians in the mountain of tortilla chips, melted cheese, sour cream and guacamole!
- The El Plato Perfecto package (which you can book here) includes three tacos, a La Barca Margarita and churros
- The Saturday Bottomless Brunch (12.30pm - 2.30pm) includes an all-you-can-eat bellini and mimosa-packed buffet, as well as make-your-own tacos! Tickets cost $99 for 12+ and $49 for kids aged 3-12.
- The boat is decorated with custom artwork by Tlisza Jaurique - the first Mexican-American woman to exhibit at the Met!
Ta-co or not ta-co to this mex-cellant experience … it’s not really a question at all, is it?
Love the sound of this? You might also be interested in: